Course completed

« Day Classes

ONL034/ONL035 RSN Sampler Series: ‘Practise, Perfect, Play’

Sold Out
Tutor
Thu 10/09/2020
10:00am - 16:00pm
Online

£890.00

SKU: N/A Category: Tags: , , , ,

Please note that this is a series of regular online classes, available in two different pathways (day or evening), taken from home. 

Please click here to view the schedule of dates for both pathways:

Please note: students are required to stay with one pathway, either full days or evenings, for the duration of the course.

Watch Video

The most basic and traditional form of learning embroidery is the sampler. Historically, young girls were taught various stitches which were then practised diligently until perfected. Design was less important at this stage than technique, and the most popular presentation format was either in bands (rows) or blocks (a grid). The Royal School of Needlework is ‘going back to basics’ with a new and exclusive Sampler Series.

For one year, students will focus on their ability to perfect their stitching in a given technique. 75% of the Sampler (and the tuition) will be based around specific stitches, and the remaining 25% will be personalised to incorporate some of these stitches into a unique central motif designed by the student.

This series is aimed at the complete beginner, although more experienced stitchers are of course always welcome. All instruction will be live online with Kelley Aldridge, Future Tutor Programme Course Leader and experienced Tutor in her own right.

Tuition includes either 12 days or 24 evenings of tuition including downloadable support materials; it does not include any physical materials or equipment. Upon registration, an information pack will be sent to the student with details of how to prepare for the first session.

At the conclusion of the course, the RSN will mount a public online exhibition of student work.

The theme for 2020/2021 will be Freestyle Surface Work - also known as Crewelwork (when worked in wool), Surface Stitching, Domestic Embroidery, and Basic Embroidery. The stitches all share the feature that they are NOT counted, and can be worked in any type of thread on the surface of any type of closely-woven fabric.

 

Please click here to view important joining information about online classes

Please note that this is a series of regular online classes, available in two different pathways (day or evening), taken from home. 

Please click here to view the schedule of dates for both pathways:

Please note: students are required to stay with one pathway, either full days or evenings, for the duration of the course.

Watch Video

The most basic and traditional form of learning embroidery is the sampler. Historically, young girls were taught various stitches which were then practised diligently until perfected. Design was less important at this stage than technique, and the most popular presentation format was either in bands (rows) or blocks (a grid). The Royal School of Needlework is ‘going back to basics’ with a new and exclusive Sampler Series.

For one year, students will focus on their ability to perfect their stitching in a given technique. 75% of the Sampler (and the tuition) will be based around specific stitches, and the remaining 25% will be personalised to incorporate some of these stitches into a unique central motif designed by the student.

This series is aimed at the complete beginner, although more experienced stitchers are of course always welcome. All instruction will be live online with Kelley Aldridge, Future Tutor Programme Course Leader and experienced Tutor in her own right.

Tuition includes either 12 days or 24 evenings of tuition including downloadable support materials; it does not include any physical materials or equipment. Upon registration, an information pack will be sent to the student with details of how to prepare for the first session.

At the conclusion of the course, the RSN will mount a public online exhibition of student work.

The theme for 2020/2021 will be Freestyle Surface Work – also known as Crewelwork (when worked in wool), Surface Stitching, Domestic Embroidery, and Basic Embroidery. The stitches all share the feature that they are NOT counted, and can be worked in any type of thread on the surface of any type of closely-woven fabric.

 

Please click here to view important joining information about online classes

Booking

Clear

Please note that attendees under 16 must be accompanied by an adult attendee or chaperone at all times.

Please select the number of places you require:

SKU: N/A Category: Tags: , , , ,