Study at the Royal School of Needlework
The Royal School of Needlework holds a world-renowned reputation for excellence in hand embroidery. Offering international links and opportunities for Degree student collaboration placements through its extensive professional connections.
The RSN Degree course offers a strongly supportive teaching and learning environment, with visiting lecturers and tutors from the professional art, design and textile industries involved in your progress through tutorials and portfolio reviews. Find out more about our industry links
Teaching is in small groups with hands-on technical tuition. You will be taught sound working practices with an emphasis on professional practice and gaining employment. Throughout your three years of study at the RSN, you will be encouraged to involve yourself with professional opportunities that will deepen your awareness of current practice within your chosen hand embroidery discipline.
All RSN Degree tutors are experienced academics and professional embroiderers who are at the forefront of their practice; many were also trained at the Royal School of Needlework.
The RSN is a dynamic forward-looking organisation dedicated to the practice and promotion of hand embroidery.
Discover a unique degree course
Studying with the RSN is a unique educational experience.
At the RSN, we believe in keeping the art of hand embroidery alive by moving embroidery into contemporary contexts which are founded on art and design practice.
Benefits of study at the RSN include:
- Unique BA (Hons) Degree course in hand embroidery
- A design and concept led course for fashion, interiors or textile art
- Live projects with fashion houses, designers and galleries
- Learn from expert practitioners
- Study in bespoke studio apartments at Hampton Court Palace
- Enjoy access to the RSN library and handling collection
- Day courses, Certificate and Diploma courses in Technical Hand Embroidery also available at the RSN